04 January 2020

Home Again From Tahoe!!

Home! Well, we made it home safely and though I love the house in Tahoe --- not least the fireplace, the sunroom and, of course, the shared solitude with Sister Sue --- it is good to be home! As I had planned, I did some work during the week on 2 Corinthians, though there is still a lot to do, and was able to pray and sleep as I needed. I didn't get done any of the coloring/painting I had hoped to do, but that was also okay because I got needed writing and thinking done and was able to relax and just enjoy the week doing stuff I love. The sunroom where both Sue and I worked and prayed together had an amazing view. Above (left) is a piece of what I could see while writing or reading.

There was not nearly as much snow on the CA side of the lake as had been other times I have been here but the weather was beautiful. It was cold or very cold until the second half of the week. The second picture shows our work space. My stuff is on the left, Sister Sue's is on the right. The window in the above picture is behind Sister Sue's space. Another looking out on the side yard is directly behind my work space.

Ordinarily I prayed in my own room, or, because I was up earlier or in the middle of the night, alone in the darkened sunroom. It was quiet and there were some profound moments, mainly related to something in 2 Corinthians and Paul's theology there, but also related to the nature of holiness and what the inner work I am committed to can actually empower or enable with the grace of God. I am grateful to God and to Sister Sue for the opportunity to spend a week like this. Sitting and working in silence together is not something I have ever done with anyone else since college and I consider it a very special gift. At the same time I am glad to be home -- and my cat is also very glad I am back!! (A neighbor watched out for him and I owe her a big "Thank you!)