24 October 2019

Another Power Outage Planned for this Weekend

Well, looks like PG and E is going to shut down power yet again From Saturday Evening through Monday afternoon this weekend. That means I will likely NOT have power until Tuesday at some time. For clients I will work out rescheduling via text messages. Please do not email after Saturday evening; I won't have access to email until Tuesday sometime. If I can find a place to travel to in order to meet via ZOOM or Skype on Monday I will let you know. Again, if you need to contact me over the weekend PLEASE TEXT me and I will get back to you. If you are on other lists for power outages in your own area this weekend, we'll reschedule for tomorrow or after Tuesday. Text me to let me know your dates and I will be in touch ASAP!

On the other hand I have to say that I am relatively ready for this power outage because of the last one. I now have a couple of battery powered LED lanterns to read by, plenty of canned food, and, even better an excuse to finish off the ice cream I bought a couple of days ago!  I know my devices will run on battery for as long as I need them to during this outage (not sure about phone but computers (2) are fine). There is a major fire raging North of here (not too close but also not far) so if we can avoid sparks during windy conditions we definitely want to do that. (Fortunately I am hearing friends up North of here are safe and have not been evacuated; some are not so lucky!) Again, I am not so sure this is the best way to handle things by PG and E (interim maintenance, etc might be improved I think), but it is what it is for the time being. Prayers please for those already caught in CA wildfires!!